Your Essay Cover Page Guide: Let's Manage It!
Definitely, you know how catchy the first impression can be. Not only does it influence your further attitude towards an issue or a thing, or even a person, but also defines the final assessment you can make. As a result, the latter will be either positive or negative depending on what you've paid your attention to and whether you can accept it or not.
You're right, these are rather general thoughts. But you can see how the effect implied by them works in your study practice. Let's look a little closer.
Like many other types of academic papers, a college essay should be supplemented with a cover page (sometimes it can also be referred to as a title page). You might have already guessed that it's a page which always goes first and contains the title of your essay. However, that's not the half of it.
We've found out that the most frequent difficulties with cover pages for different papers generally concern such issues as:
- the information which students should mention on this page;
- the order in which this information should be placed;
- the standard format of the page.
You see that there are only three of them but you can certainly realize how essential they may happen to be for the grade you'll receive from your professor or instructor. If something about them isn't taken into consideration, even the smallest detail, such a shortcoming can greatly influence your professor's very first impression of your whole paper.
The thing is that in actual fact, the style and format you set on the cover or title page tend to pervade the text of your essay as well. This means that the way you craft this page, though you can do it even after completing the paper fully, can determine how well and conscientiously the assignment is done in general. As a result, the correctness of the format and the presence of all required data can and will play a significant role when your essay is evaluated.
So How on Earth Should I Do the Cover Page?
In order to relieve your stress of making out what exactly you need to do the title page for your paper assignment, we've prepared a few handy recommendations. They will provide you with the clear understanding of your further steps and help you orient yourself to the main formatting standards to do your essay cover page in the right way. So, let's have a look!
- First and foremost, you need to come up with the good topic. As it's always placed in the middle of the cover page, it will catch your professor's eye anyway. If the essay topic is assigned to you, your most important task will be to format it correctly. However, if you're free with the choice, then you must make sure yours is really captivating and written according to all possible rules and requirements.
- Secondly, you'll need to ask your instructor or professor to specify the academic style of the whole paper and of the title page specifically in case she/he hasn't mentioned it. The three main academic formats (or styles) are MLA, APA and Chicago/Turabian.
- Then you'll need to familiarize yourself with the writing standards and requirements provided by these formats. (Below you'll find a few conveniently organized lists of all requirements for the cover page considering the particular format.)
- Finally, after you've learnt what should be included into the cover page, you can sit down and successfully craft it following the instructions.
One Small Additional Tip
Today on the Net you'll find plenty of cover page samples that can help you create the one for you own paper. Also, you can come across many free title page generators. These are special programs, available online, which can do and format your essay cover or title page for you.
However, despite such variety of materials available online, still we do recommend that you check the essentials featured by MLA, APA and Chicago styles in order to avoid any mistakes. Bet, you won't be very fond of the situation when the template from the Internet may appear to be inappropriate for your assignment.
Academic Requirements for Essay Cover Pages: 3 Main Styles
Perfect! You've done it!
Alright! Mission completed!
Great work! You've managed it!
Despite the obvious differences between these three styles, still they feature a few common requirements for the first title page:
- except for Times or Times New Roman 12 pt., no other fonts are accepted;
- line-spacing should be provided double-spaced;
- the text on this page should center-aligned;
- 1-inch margin is required from all four sides of the page.
Order Your Essay with Our Online Service!
We're always glad to receive the orders from our dear customers and provide them with the prime quality writing service! So, if you realize you just don't have any time (and wish) to sweat over your paper, entrust it to our expert writers!
For each type of writing assignment, we guarantee free cover and references pages. Besides, you can be absolutely confident that the order you make, the data and materials you render to us as well as the files you'll receive from our service are securely protected. Their safety is our responsibility.
When filling out the order form, please don't forget to mention the paper format in the instructions as well as some specific requirements of your college/university. We thank you for your cooperation and strive to meet your highest academic expectations!Place Your Order Now